Friday 20 May 2011

This is my first attempt to add to this blog. I've just been driven back to my hotel in the middle of nowhere by my favourite cab driver, Willy, who has been telling me in minute detail about the royal wedding, and have a few minutes to reflect on an extraordinary day with no time to eat or pee. As a QI newbie it's taken a while to get into the rhythm of things ...

My highlights: Norman Denzin's stunning Custer piece; the most amazing performance by Megan Keyes on narratives of sport pedagogies; McClain's bea-u-tiful book and Art (with a capital A), Jane's Making Trouble (no change there, then), and the Leanings performance this evening. And lots of other things too. And now I'm frantically scouring tomorrow's programme to see how much I can catch (with no time to eat or pee).

This evening we passed a door in the Levis building with a sign stuck to it saying "This is not an entrance" ... Incidentally, Willy thinks this is a great conference and is really looking forward to seeing everyone again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment